Sunday, March 12, 2017

Update #5--as promised.



Hi again. Let's get right to it.  Last time I wrote, I hovered around 40 thousand and something words written and this week I only jumped to 41, 920. Why did I get so few words written over two weeks, you might ask. Well, the truth is writing is an inexact process, at least for me and many of my fellow authors. I was cruising along, ready to pump out the last couple of chapters and I realized, I wanted to change some things. My story was not what it could be, or what it will be after I edit it. 


I know just hearing the word editing makes your eyes glaze over with boredom, but truth of the matter is, editing, or molding as I call it is my favorite part. The very talented author Shannon Hale once described writing your first draft as dumping sand in the sandbox. Now completing my eighth novel, I agree. First time around, I'm putting something on paper to work with, something moldable.  But, I don't really know my characters yet, not until I cut and shape and clean up and form the story and turn the writing into something that will make you feel, joy, pain, and in Five Days, Five Kisses, fall in love with Nikola and Malan!


 So hold on with me. I'm already editing the last few chapters and am excited excited about the positive changes that have come out of my work. Just for fun, I copied and pasted what an un-edited section might look like. Here it is in all its messiness. I place a set of ones (111111) when I want to go back and fix something or find a better way to say what I mean. 




Nearly two sluggish hours had passed since they’d arrived at the hospital. He clutched Nikola’s letter in his hand, still thinking about the contents. Her tender words, pleading for his forgiveness, the way she spoke of their relationship, even their friendship brought up 111111111111feelings he’d kept subdued since receiving her final letter11111111earlier. 


Looks like I've still got work to do. Thanks for checking in and if you're after some sweet romance right now, check out my other titles. Angela's Amazon Page 
Most titles are .99 on kindle!












No comments:

Post a Comment