Sunday, February 4, 2018

Five Days Five Kisses is here!

Hi everyone!
Thanks for dropping in. Today is a big day around here. Five Days Five Kisses is officially out and it's all kinds of sweet and awkward and a little nostalgic. And it all starts with a terrible, embarrassing breakup. If you read on, you'll learn about my worst break up and it's a doozy!!

Do you like the cover? It was custom made by a very talented cover artist that I will definitely use again for the other two books! I love how it captures the vibe of this fun feel-good romance!

 
Here's a teaser:)
 
 
Where can you pick up your copy? Here's the links to grab your copy for .99...but only until Valentine's Day. After that, the price goes up to 3.99, so grab it now:)
 
If you want to keep with my new releases and books that go on sale or are FREE, join my newsletter.
 
 
Here's me...
 
Now about my break up story....
 
When Nikola's boyfriend dumped her in such public way it was easy for me to relate to her confusion and embarrassment. Fresh out of high school, I had an equally embarrassing breakup, minus the entire graduating class gawking at my humiliation. My sweetheart of two years had gone on vacation  with his family. They were camping(and it was the late 80's with no cell phones, so I didn't worry when Mickey didn't call for a couple of days). After five days of silence, I began to worry that something bad had happened to him and no one thought to inform me. The following morning I got in my car and drove three and a half hours San Diego, California. It was a gorgeous day and I found their beach campsite with no problem. Sitting on the sand, I waited for Mickey to come out of his tent. Forty five minutes, then two hours and finally three hours went by. Ah, the patience of young, stupid love. Finally, his mom came out and told me that the relationship was over! Yep, it was that brutal. I was dumped by my boyfriend's mother. Hold on. It actually gets worse!
 
The next night I didn't sleep. How could I? The love of my life had changed overnight. Surely he was having a moment of insanity and had just forgotten his undying love for me.  
 
I was such a teenager, oh the drama! So I did what any love struck teen would do who was full of optimism and longing, I drove to San Diego again and waited on the same beach. Now looking back, my boyfriend who hated conflict must've struggled for hours watching me, knowing he had to face me! Haha, it kind of makes me laugh. Finally, he showed up. Looking very uncomfortable he came to me and confirmed that he was breaking up with me. No warning signs, no fight. It was just over.
 
To me, the funny part of this story came later when I arrived home to my Dad. I was raised by a single father who had to be both mom and dad. He is a good man, but at that moment, he was not comfortable with his role. As he watched an endless trail of tears stream down my face, he said, "I'm sorry honey. I know you....' He paused struggling to say the word that no father wants to think about let alone say to his daughter. Then he said, "Llloved" him sounding like the word itself might choke him to speak aloud. It was kind of wretched, but somehow made me smile through my sorrow. In a little time, Mickey and I became friends again and years later on Facebook he said he didn't remember the entire break up scene....Hmm.  So there it is, my oh-so embarrassing break up story and maybe somewhere in the back of my mind, the inspiration for Nikola's gut-wrenching day that led her straight into the arms of five strangers...or so she thought.   
 
What's the most awkward romantic moment that you've ever experienced?  Tell us about it!
 And I hope you love Five Days Five Kisses!
.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment